Wednesday 18 November 2015

My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott - Telegraph 5.11.15





My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
PIXIE SHARES HER TIPS AND TRICKS



With three number one hits under her belt, Pixie’s old-school platinum glamour is proving popular 
I absolutely love fashion and beauty. Growing up with an older sister really helped me – she was always inspiring me to try new things. From a young age, I knew I wanted to sing, so I’d often look at what my idols were wearing, how they had their hair, or what lipstick they had on. I love Edie Sedgwick and Brigitte Bardot, who I think both always looked fabulous – they’re two of my beauty icons.


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
Pixie with boyfriend Oliver Cheshire
I love ’60s make-up, especially a smoky, drawn-out eye. I use a cotton bud – it makes the eyeshadow smouldery but not harsh. My tip: put the colour you want on the bud and draw it underneath your eyes, bringing it out to the side. Take the same shadow on a blender brush across the eyelid. Then add eyeliner and loads of mascara. I use this great lash-growth serum called M2, which you put on like eyeliner before bed and it helps make your lashes long and thick. 


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
Pixie at V Festival in 2014
It may sound obvious but good make-up is very much about the tools you apply it with, so I use foundation and concealer brushes to help give my skin a flawless finish. 
I use highlighters as part of my routine, too, because I think they’re the best way to subtly and naturally emphasise your best features. My favourite is Mac Cream Colour Base in Pearl. It accentuates my cheekbones and instantly makes my skin look radiant. 


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
Pixie on the red carpet in 2014
You can’t go wrong with a good lipstick to give yourself a quick fix – it can really transform your look. I love Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks. 
My beauty ethos now is all about taking good care of my skin. My mum drilled into me how important this is from when I was little, and I remember her always having a good beauty regime. My routine is simple. I make sure I cleanse and moisturise morning and night with NuBo skincare, and in the evening I also use a serum that works throughout the night. My skin can be prone to the odd breakout if I don’t take care of it or drink enough water.
I often get complimented on my freckles. They are probably my favourite feature, so I use a light foundation over them so they can be seen through it. 
I often colour my hair and am always using heat products on shoots, so it can get quite dry from time to time. I use Bumble and bumble’s Mending range of shampoo and conditioners as they’re really nourishing. I’m a big fan of hair chalks and sprays, too, because I love experimenting, and they allow me to change my hair colour without going to extremes. They’re great for parties and festivals.
As for fragrance, I love Gucci Flora, which I have been wearing for years. And you can’t go wrong with Chanel No5 – it’s such a classic and works so well for day or night. My mum and nan have always used it, so it takes me back to childhood memories. 
I like dancing – it’s a fantastic all-over body workout. I have spent a lot of time in LA recently, and I like to do this fun class called Pure Barre – it’s ballet-based and I love it. 
I think beauty is very important to self-confidence, but it mostly comes from believing in yourself and being positive. When I have my hair and make-up done properly for when I’m performing, it makes me feel so much more confident. Sometimes I feel that some of my looks transform me into different characters. 
In Pixie's kit... 
TOP SCENTS


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
No 5, £68 for 50m edp, Chanel; Lime Basil and Mandarin Scented Candle, £42, Jo Malone 
MORNING MUSTS


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
1-Day Acuvue Define contact lenses, £45.50 for 30 pairs;Effeclar K Daily Moisturiser, £14.90 for 30ml, La Roche-Posay
SKIN SECRETS


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
QUICK FIXES


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
Matte Revolution lipstick in 1975 Red, £23, Charlotte Tilbury; Spray On Colour, £3.99, Paint by Pixie Lott 
HAIR HEROES    


My Beauty Life: Pixie Lott
Mending Shampoo, £23, and Mending Conditioner, £23, both Bumble and bumble 

No comments:

Post a Comment