Tuesday 12 January 2016

Pixie Lott premieres New Track with WSTRN’S Akelle Charles - Notion magazine










Pixie Lott FI
It’s Pixie Lott’s 25th birthday today and to celebrate, she’s revealing a brand new track with Akelle Charles from WSTRN.

Pixie is starting 2016 with a bang! Not only does our NOTION 69 cover girl turn 25 today, but she takes the lead role in the West End production of Breakfast at Tiffany’s later this year and has loads of new music on the horizon, including this brand new track with WSTRN’s Akelle Charles.
Enjoy an exclusive first listen to the brand new track ‘What Now’ here.

Fans will no doubt be looking forward to new work by Pixie, who teased on Twitter earlier this month that she’d be releasing new material this year. The soulful love song, produced by PRGRSHN, tells the two sides of a conflicted love story and makes use of both artist’s soulful harmonies. Akelle’s group WSTRN made the BBC Sound of 2016 longlist and are featured in our latest issue of NOTION Magazine, issue 71. We love that Pixie and Akelle have collaborated and are looking forward to hearing more from Pixie and Akelle this year!






Happy 2016! New music and lots of show this year - I can't wait 💗💗💗
We spoke to the birthday girl about making the track with Akelle, her plans this year and, importantly, what celebrations she has lined up for today!

NOTION: Did you and Oliver have a great Christmas and New Year?
PIXIE: I had a great Christmas and New Year with my family and Oliver in Verbier, Switzerland. Oliver arrived on Boxing Day and we skied most days ❄🎿

 I feel like it’s a bit of a turning point – new year, turning 25, new music, first lead acting role – so much to look forward to in 2016.
NOTION: 25 is a big year. What are you most excited about this year? 
PIXIE: I feel like it’s a bit of a turning point – new year, turning 25, new music, first lead acting role – so much to look forward to in 2016. I am especially excited for everyone to hear my new music. Music is my passion but I’m also excited to play Holly Golighty in Breakfast At Tiffany’s. It’s such an iconic role and a dream role for me – she’s amazing! I have not performed on a West End stage since I was 12 and performed in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while studying at Italia Conti. It’s going to be nerve wracking but I can’t wait.
NOTION: Birthdays are also a time of reflection of past years. What has been the most important lesson you have learned so far?
PIXIE: I love celebrating my birthday big with family and friends.  I think I have learnt to take everything with a pinch of salt and do what makes you happy!
NOTION: Let's talk about your new track with Akelle! It's a fantastic track and your voices complement each other perfectly. Did you enjoy working with him? 
PIXIE: Yes, he is so talented and easy to work with! I can’t wait to do more.  I’m so excited for everyone to hear what we did. I wanted to premiere it on my birthday to give my fans a little treat from me – I hope they like it as much as I do!
NOTION: How did you come to work together?
PIXIE: It was great writing and being in the studio with him, and the producer PRGRSHN.  We just went into the studio for literally a couple of hours and sang lyrics and melodies and it just came out so easy! They’re such talented people and lovely to be around. I love WSTRN’s music – ‘In2’ is such a great track and was one of my favourite tunes of last year.

pixie2
I wanted to premiere it on my birthday to give my fans a little treat from me – I hope they like it as much as I do!


NOTION: Your fans will be dying to know what other new music you have lined up. Can you reveal anything?
PIXIE: I’m so excited for my fans to hear what I have been working on in LA! I spent lots of time there last year and have written tons of new tracks.

NOTION: Lastly, how will you be celebrating today?
PIXIE: I have been celebrating with my friends over the weekend in Verbier and I fly back at lunchtime today! I’m having a cartoon character themed party in London – you have to go for it when it’s your birthday.. I love celebrating woo!!

Find out more about Pixie Lott on FacebookTwitter & Instagram
Follow Akelle  on Twitter & Instagram.
Words: Phie McKenzie //@PhieMcKenzie 
Photos: Simon Emmett

No comments:

Post a Comment