Thursday 20 April 2017

Pixie Lott – Returns to FAULT for an online exclusive cover shoot

PIXIE LOTT – RETURNS TO FAULT FOR AN EXCLUSIVE ONLINE COVERSHOOT

Shorts:  Dsquared2 | Top: Gracia | Heels: ASH

Returning to the music scene after three years would be seen as a challenge is anyone’s book. However, Pixie Lott is embracing this new chapter with vigour. After competing on Strictly Come Dancing, starring in a West End play and coaching on The Voice UK, Pixie is back with a bang. Now working on her fourth studio album which is set for release later this year, we quizzed Pixie on her brand new dance track, her love of acting, the best advice she’s ever been given and accepting her FAULTs.

Your new song ‘Baby’ has recently been released – tell us a bit more about it.
It’s a dance track which is really exciting for me because it’s so fun and I just love going out. I’ve not released music for a while so it’s nice to do something fun with it – it’s a very different sound for me. My favourite kind of music always has a soulful vibe so to have a dance track to come out first is really exciting. That being said, I have an acoustic version recorded where it’s literally just me and the piano. So when I perform it, I get the best of both worlds!
What were the inspirations behind this music?
Just having fun really! It’s a collaboration with Anton Powers – we met each other years ago at Party in the Park festival and we reconnected when I was in Ibiza with my best friends from school and he was out there djing. We said “let’s get in the studio” and it finally happened!
Dress: Laurel | Jewellery: Links of London

Last year you starred in Breakfast at Tiffany’s on the West End. How does acting on stage compare to singing?

It’s completely different. I love them both; singing is my number one passion, it’s what I will do forever – I couldn’t live without it, but acting is something that I really enjoy and I’m learning. That’s what’s so exciting about acting – you’re always learning with every new project and every new script you’re learning a new character. That’s why it really excites me, there’s so many different avenues. I would love to go into it more in the future whilst singing is something I’ve done my whole life.
Skirt: Genevieve Sweeney | Body: Boux Avenue | Jacket: Joshua Kane | Boots: Ego

Will you be acting again any time soon?I think music will always take the front seat but if the right project with the right script comes up and they think I’m right for it and they want me to be a part of it as well then I will one hundred per cent do it. I love anything in the performing arts so anything that comes up which feels right, I will definitely do it. I want to keep learning.

What would be your dream role?I think something similar [to Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s] but on TV or film. I learnt so much in the theatre and I would definitely do it again, it’s so much hard work – the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I would love to get experience in the TV and film world because I’ve only done a tiny bit.
Bra: Bjorn Borg | Net top: Miss PAP | Leather: Richards Radcliffe Heels: Chie Mihara | Trousers: J.Kwan

What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?My dad always said “fail to prepare, prepare to fail”, which I always go by. I think the most important thing is happiness, to enjoy yourself as much as possible because life’s too short, nobody knows what’s going to happen, so just to try to embrace every little moment and really appreciate your friends and family.
Flat cap: Joshua Kane Leather: Sadie Clayton Body: Boux Avenue Shorts: Voir Lab Boots: Ego

Your life is followed closely by the media. How do you deal with the public interest?I think by just by acting a little bit oblivious to it, not really reading into it too much. I’m sort of used to it I guess. I don’t let it affect me. I still do exactly the same things that I did when I was at school before I released any music, I still have exactly the same friends. We still go to Nando’s and Pizza Express and still have just as much fun.

Trousers: AQ/AQ Top: Sadie Clayton Jewellery: Julia Burness Heels: Furla

What is your FAULT?I have lots of FAULTS! Time-keeping and forgetfulness, which really go hand in hand! I’m also quite unorganised. Those sort of traits will always stay with me. I’ve gotten a lot better than I was but I think it’s just in my bones unfortunately. My sister is the complete opposite – she’s so organised and always on time, everything she does is planned and thought out to the utmost, whereas I am nothing like that.


Words: Aimee Phillips
Photography Rossella Vanon
Styling: Rachel Gold @ Red Represents
Make up: Christabel Draffin using Charlotte Tilbury
Hair: Enzo Volpe @ Mandy Coakley using Color Proof
Nails: Georgia Hart@Stella Creatives using Orly
Photography assistance: Jessica Gates
Retouching: Rossella Vanon and Alice Galiotto
Location: Huddle Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment